The crew at Gabriel's Horn is hosting the Big 12 roundtable this week. I've been obnoxiously busy and missed out joining in on most of these this season, but we're in this week. Good questions from good Longhorn bloggers. Thanks also to C&CM for putting these together.
1. With only two or three games left, how are you feeling about your season? Disappointed, elated, surprised, a little violated?
Exhausted. I feel like I just got through a six hour sex-a-fight with my girlfriend. Lots of fighting, with pauses now and again to have wild make up sex. Rinse, repeat.
Sorta like that... Okay, nothing like that.
2. I have to ask, how do you feel about the (possible) buyout of Fran at Texas A&M?
Like a kid whose balloon just floated away before he was finished playing with it. Seriously, getting to type 'Frantana,' 'Frannypants,' 'Frandstand,' 'Frananorama,' and - my favorite (invented by this week's roundtable hosts) - the 'Frandullah.'
Come back, balloon.
3. We’ve picked coaches, players, stadiums and everything else from other teams. Now, we get down to something even more near and dear: mascots. If you could pick another Big 12 mascot other than your own - who would it be and why?
The masked Red Raider, no question.
Fear the 'stache!
4. Unexpected Greatness, Unexpected Suckage. Who surprised you this year? Who did you get really excited about, only to be let down? (The first Roundtable asked who was the face of the franchise - do you still feel that way?)
Well, we knew Sergio Kindle was supposed to be great, but when he was out there fully healthy? It was like releasing a caged animal, man.
Do not fuck with Sergio Kindle.
In the disappointment department, I gotta say that Erick Jackson just didn't step up and have a big senior season like many hoped he would. Nothing personal against EJ, though. He's been a steady five-year presence in the program - something every team needs.
5. I told you there would be booze. Characterize your team by the beverage of your choice.
Chinese baijiu. Firewater? Perhaps. But it's our firewater, damnit!
Lightning Round - worth double the points (which will still work out to zero...), and twice the fun!
- Love ‘em.
Jamaal Charles, Chase Daniels, Jorvorskie Lane (Let him eeeeeeat!), Michael Crabtree (not this week of course), Frandullah
- Diss ‘em.
Stephen McGee, Mike Gundy
- Pick ‘em.
Colorado @ Iowa state - CU
Texas A&M @ Mizzou - Mizzou
KState @ Nebraska - KSU
TCEH @ Texas - Hook 'Em
Baylor @ Oklahoma - OU
Kansas @ Okie State - Kansas
- Rank ‘em.
- Okie State
- Iowa State