Another Tuesday, another edition of EDSBS Live! with Orson and me.
We cleanse the palate from the blandness of Stewie Mandel with the show of the summer and a conversation with the one man who knows more about college football teams than SMQ. Yes, Phil Steele is with us this week.
Wake up, kids. College football's comin'...
What: EDSBS Live! online radio.
Where: At NowLive, where you can chat with each other and the show hosts throughout the broadcast in the online forum (which has gotten damn lively). To phone in to the show, just call (310) 984-7600.
Who: Tonight we talk to the god of season previews, Mr. Phillip Steele. Wear a helmet.
Four Questions: As always, our four questions for the night.
1.. Which game involving YOUR team would you sacrifice your firstborn to the gods for this year?
It's tempting to go with a trip to College Station for the revenge game, but I can't in good conscience pass up a trip to Dallas for OU.
2. Which game NOT involving your team would you sacrifice your firstborn to the gods for this year?
Kinda makes you wish you had more than one firstborn, huh?
Choosing one is hard, but I know for certain which one I'm sacrificing it all for: Boise State at Hawaii, November 23rd. One stone, many dead birds. I get to go back to Hawaii. I get to visit MMHorns who left for UH Business School on Saturday. I get a great football game. I get to golf in November.
Also, it is not South Bend in November.
3. Name three college football gods right now.
- Mike Leach. Endlessly entertaining, both as a coach and as a human being. He's smart, he's funny - most of all, he's his own man. He might be a god.
- Ron Franklin. ESPN banished the college football legend to the subprime (to put it kindly) spot for the 2006 season, a move so stupid, so offensive, so effing illegal that I would have boycotted the whole damn network if I weren't so dependent on it to see the sports I wanna see. They've learned their lesson, though, and Mr. Saturday Night will be back in your living room for the good games this fall. Rightfully so.
- Mario Manningham. He's the one player on another team that I absolutely fear if I'm a defensive coordinator. I don't gameplan for him. I don't try to contain him. I actively fear him. Texas fans know this well. And that was the freshman version.
4. Who is the sexiest god/goddess?
Aphrodite, of course. See?
A hat tip to runner up Dionysus.
See you tonight at 6:30.