Texas Longhorn Starting Lineup
I would really like to see a change in the use of the roster by Rick Barnes. Last year I would've vomited if someone said this but think long and hard and then give me your opinion. Thanks.
DJ Augustin- PG
AJ Abrams- G
JD Lewis- G
Damion James- F
Conner Atchley- F 1st sub: Dexter Pittman- F
- Against larger teams we continually struggle to get into the paint. Augustin cannot win the game all by himself in the paint.
- Gary Johnson,Wangmene and Chapman are young and do little to contribute to the success of this team at this point. They are inexperienced at this level but may prove to be effective after a year of conditioning and adjustment.
- Putting a legitimate 3rd threat from 3 point range on the court and quickly moving the ball around the perimeter would provide more open looks for all 3 guards. The opposing team couldn't just sit on Abrams the whole game.
- With G. Johnson and Wangmene in the game you can sense that lack of chemistry that the team was playing with earlier in the year.
- I hated JD Lewis last year, BUT he IS 7 for 11 from 3 point range and 8 of 12 overall this season. I think it is worth a shot.