After reading PB's inspired questions for the Big XII round table, I was intrigued by a question. If you could, who would you steal from around the college football player-sphere? The rules are simple: take a player to replace one of our Longhorns. So for example, you can like Tim Tebow all you want, but if you're taking him, you're replacing Colt McCoy. Not to bash on our Horns, every one of whom I love to see sport Burnt Orange, but these are just some other players I love to see on the field. Here's my hastily thought of list:
- My absolute favorite non-Longhorn, Eric Berry, would absolutely shore up our backfield. One of our safeties can go, although I'm not really sure which one to keep yet.
- While we're at it, Trevard Lindley is my pick to take the place of Tweedle-Dee (or is it Tweedle-Dum?). See you in the league, Mr. Palmer (side note: is Brandon Foster REALLY on an NFL roster? Wow.)
- Staying with the defense, I'll take Rey Maualuga to fill the middle and finally get the Bobino out of my life.
- On the other side of the ball, I'll bite the bullet and take the big uglies, Duke and Load, to shore up the line. Sigh, I feel so cheap.
- Uhh, Michael Crabtree. From the land of obvious news. I like you, Jordan Shipley, but Crabtree is un-freaking-believable.
- If Jacquizz Rodgers is good enough to beat USC, he's good enough for me. Plus, he may be the one running back with a stranger name than Fozzy. But in our world, he's replacing Vondrell McGee.
- And finally, a bonus one for PB. Wouldn't be nice to see Robert Griffin replace John Chiles in the Q package (I'm justifying this by pointing out Griffin was a backup in the Wake game)? Forget Chiles, forget Shepard. If Garrett Gilbert isn't as good as Robert Griffin will be, I want to know what pipe Mack was smoking when he didn't recruit the other #10.