1) Jeremy Maclin looked like he was trying to point shave or throw the game last night. I know that's a serious accusation, but if you go back and watch tape of the game you'll know what I mean. He wasn't outrunning defenders after making catches and on a few kick returns he seemed to be running right into the backs of his own teammates. He also dropped a kickoff. I remember watching the whole game thinking ... is Maclin trying to shave some points here? Strange.
2) Chase Daniel's arm strength looks well below average. He wasn't stepping into his throws last night and his passes were ripe for the pickin'.
3) We should let the grass grow long this week at DKR (ala ND vs USC from 2005) to neutralize Mizzou's speed and let this game be won by the big uglies upfront.
4) Chase Coffman's propensity to hurdle defenders on the TE screen is cute, but will end up in either an injury or a fumble soon. He has gotten a little too enamored with that move and a fast defense will take advantage of the time he loses in the air to swarm and destroy.
5) While he has been solid in his career, Mizzou's place kicker missed two big kicks last night. Hopefully we can hold them to FG attempts this coming Saturday.