At my irrelevant Xanga blog, I wrote down a few goofy predictions for this upcoming season in early August. I don't even remember writing these, but it was interesting to see how wrong I was, or at least, how wrong I potentially will be. Here they are:
-Colt will throw 25 TDs and 12 interceptions
-Jordan Shipley will catch 7 of those TD's, and showcase some unique white-boy speed.
-We'll have a 1000 rusher again
-Brian Orakpo will have 10 or more sacks
-Sergio Kindle will hurt someone (perhaps even himself).
-Deon Beasley will be among the Big12 leaders in interceptions.
-John Chiles will throw a TD pass to Colt McCoy and vice versa :)
Let's go through each of these:
1. Colt has 14 touchdowns and one pick. Um... the season is young, but this one's looking like an underestimation.
2. Shipley has 6 touchdowns so far. Barring injury, I think he's a lock to get more than seven.
3. This one's not looking good, to be honest. Let's hope someone surprises us. It's supposed to be a Texas tradition for 1000 yard rushers.
4. Rak has 5.5 sacks so far. He's well on his way for 10 or more.
5. Kindle is playing like a monster. I can't remember if he's knocked anyone out yet, but that doesn't matter as long as he remains on the field.
6. Um... no. Beasley hasn't been very sharp in this young season.
7. I'm hoping this one will still happen, although we are past our soft non-conference schedule in which it would have been ideal to try cute things like this. Sigh.