Bumped. A nice overview. --PB--
2009's class will hopefully compete with 2007's as one of the top classes in school history. However, its not too early to start to think about what could be in 2010. Here's a run down of some of the state's top talent, and its pretty impressive.
1. Lache Seastruck, RB Temple -- top RB in the state, but has had some unproductive games and discipline problems this year. Highly recruited by USC
2. Marcus Murphy RB DeSoto -- He's been under the radar but had an amazing game against Seastruck's Temple team.
3. DJ Jones RB Denison - Is said to be favoring the Longhorns early on. Denison is undefeated and in the playoffs. Jones had a big game last week including 3 scores. Averaged over 12 yards a carry and was explosive in special teams. Jones attended the Baylor game.
1. Scotty Young QB Denton Ryan -- Young is pro-style passer with good size and a good arm. He'll be highly recruited elsewhere though, and Gilbert may scare him away.
2. Matt Brown QB Allen - He's more versatile than Young, and has accumulated over 2,000 yards passing, and 1,000 yards rushing.
3. Connor Wood QB Houston Second Baptist - Wood has been compiling some sick numbers and has all the tools and size (6-4). He's a drop back passer in the mold of Gilbert.
1. Dominic Espinosa OL Cedar Park - The junior class really doesn't have any standout linemen like the senior class, but he's a good one.
1. Darius Terrell WR DeSoto - Terrell is on a good team w/ Marcus Murphy and has size and speed similar to DJ Grant and Malcolm Williams.
2. Darius White WR Dunbar - Another good size/speed guy 6-2 4.45
1. Corey Nelson LB Dallas Skyline - Highly touted LB from a high school we've had some success from in past (Christian Scott) and is long on the Horns. One of the top recruits in ths state. There aren't that many top LBs in the state though and the Horn's may need to try to go out of state for one if they don't land Nelson.
1. Adrian White CB DeSoto - Another DeSoto guy who you would love to have. Good size (5-11) and speed.
1. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Plano West - Probably the top recruit in the state. 6-4, 220 or 230 and 4.5ish speed. He's being recruited heavily.
2. Reggie Wilson DE Haltom City - Not a bad consolation if they don't land Jeffcoat. Similar size as Jeffcoat, though probably not as fast.
3. Daniel Noble DT Marcus -- Noble is one of the top recruits in the state and has good size 6-4, 280 and decent speed (sub 5) for a tackle.
Texas is supposedly high on the list for a lot of these guys and I expect that a strong finish once again by the Horns will lead to a big recruiting haul in February and March when these guys are invited to camp.