I've seen a lot of debate over whether Mack should offer Russell Shepard at QB. Here are a few of the pros and cons:
Pros (pretty obvious, imo)
- He's a fantastic QB. As a junior, he put up 794 yards and 8 TDs passing, and 1525 yards and 18 TDs rushing.
- We need a backup plan in case GG has problems recovering from surgery.
- He's versatile, and he has already said he'd be happy to play WR or DB if he loses in the QB competition.
- We already have GG on the roster, and signing up two highly ranked QBs could lead to discontent on the team and among the fans.
- We can't afford to "waste" a scholarship on a position we don't need right now.
- If we offer Shepard, Gilbert may not come here.
- Although he's young and has great feet, his passing rate is only 40%.
This list obviously isn't exhaustive; it's just what comes immediately to mind. So, what do you think?