I was able to attend both of our open practices on Friday & Saturday so here's a short run down of some observations, etc.
Here's a bit of a rundown of Friday's and Saturday's practice;
- young DB's look great. Chykie Brown is looking like our best DB right now, he's all over the field. Wells and Thomas are the first team safeties right now during 7-7. 11-11.
- the backup QB's have a way to go. they made some good throws and some pretty bad throws. Colt looks pretty good considering the lack of time he's had with the newer WR's
- Malcolm Williams is definitely starting to separate from the pack. I don't know if i've ever seen a 6'3" 225 lb WR run like that.
- Buckner looks good too, made some nice catches today (Saturday).
- First team defensive line consisted of Houston, Miller, Alexander, and Orakpo
- On friday, Muschamp ran a 4-2-5, Nickel look almost the entire time rotating LB groups. Group 1 was Muck and Bobino. Group 2 was Norton and Robinson.
- Keenan Robinson has grown and certainly passed the eyeball test, the man was stellar in coverage.
- Shipley looks like hes finally gotten his first injury-free offseason, you can definitely tell he's improved a lot.
- Cody Johnson looks like a TANK
- Fozzy has shown tremendous speed and agility while looking bigger as well. But you can definitely tell that McGee is the best 'back on the team. Fozzy is looking more and more like he'll be assuming the Ramonce Taylor role.
- Beasley looked great in coverage as well. If you're looking at just the last 2 practices, Palmer is the third corner right now. Chykie was covering Quan and he had absolutely no way of getting by him. STUD
- INJURY REPORT: Curtis Brown had arthroscopic knee surgery a couple days ago, it's not serious as he was seen walking around during practice. However, he did have a limp. Mack has said he'll be back for the last 8 practices. Sergio was also seen walking around with a limp. But good news is that he's walking.
- The Lb's look like they will not be a problem this year as Muschamp sent Robinson, Muck, and Norton as the "first" team for Saturday's 11-11's. On the 2nd day, Bobino was sent out as first team but was frequently spelled by Robinson
***Another nice little nugget about Muschamp;
- During the first day, Muckelroy picked off Colt and ran it back for a touchdown. Coach Muschamp trailed the defense down the field and got right into the middle of the celebration. I think we found a keeper.
All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.