Let's get the bad news out of the way first: there are ZERO (count 'em, ZERO) Longhorns on Phil's first team. Yikes. There are, however, 9 Sooners. Fantastic.
Here's the rundown of Longhorns:
WR Jordan Shipley
WR Quan Cosby
OG Cedric Dockery
DT Roy Miller
DE Brian Orakpo
LB Jared Norton
CB Ryan Palmer
K Ryan Bailey
C Chris Hall
OT Adam Ulatoski
DT Lamarr Houston
LB Sergio Kindle
LB Rashad Bobino
CB Deon Beasley
QB Colt McCoy
RB Fozzy Whittaker
LB Rod Muckelroy
CB Chykie Brown
KR Quan Cosby
- I think I echo the sentiment of BON fans when I say: Bobino over Muck? Palmer over Beasley? I know Phil Steele is widely thought of as the preeminent CFB mind, but those two just look like mistakes. Muck, Beasley and Houston all look too low to me.
- High praise for Fozzy and Chykie, who have yet to step foot on the ballfield. Let's hope they live up to these expectations.
- Darrell Scott also comes in as a 2nd team RB. That would've looked nice in Burnt Orange.
- Also wishful thinking: Jamaal Charles most likely would've been 1st team with DeMarco Murray. Jermichael probably would've slotted in 3rd or 4th, behind Gresham and Chase Coffman (and possibly Brandon Pettigrew).
- Our young kids better improve, as our entire second team representatives are seniors, save for Jared Norton. Compare that to OU, where FIVE of their 9 1st teamers could possibly return (Murray, Gresham, Granger, English, Reynolds).
- A&M's got 5 TOTAL players on this list. And one of them's their punter, Justin Brantly. He did make first team, though.
Phil's also got Texas 15 in his pre-season ranks.
All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.