OR: I KNOW NOTHING. NEITHER DO YOU. (HELP ANYWAY?)
I am a BlogPoll voter. With a conscience. Which means I'll do my constitutional duty and cast a ballot each of the first four weeks of the season despite feeling more than a little... impotent?
The below ranking is, for all intents and purposes, a power poll, with a pinch of resume consideration sprinkled in here and there for better flavor. The alternative--ranking teams in week one according only to their strength of victory--seems more wacky-to-be-wacky than instructive in any meaningful way. So I'll punt to the gallery and open for early commentary.
Both the draft ballot and some brief commentary after the jump.
- Though only a handful of teams received boosts on my ballot due to their wins, all teams which lost were booted.
- Welcome to Penn State, UCLA, California, and Alabama, replacing the one-lossers sent packing.
- If you want to accuse me of disproportionately rewarding Wake Forest for their 28-point win over Baylor... you can. But they're not moving down. I'm a fan.
- I have nothing to say about this.
- Okay, one thing: Though I'm being a pouty brat about these early polls, as the data starts rolling in over the coming weeks, this post will look drastically different, with actual analysis and genuine attempts to make sense of things.