I signed up in early August to host this week's Big 12 Roundtable, which I've done a terrible job participating in to this point in the season, but which I love conceptually. I picked this week for obvious reasons: Non-conference season is in the books and the most exciting conference in college football is ready for head-to-head play.
Below are this week's six Big 12 Roundtable questions, which I hope every blogger of this conference will answer. Please post a link to your post in the comment section below. (If you blog the entire conference instead of any particular team, tailor your answers in any way you like to comment on the topics at issue.) BON readers: jump in with your own answers in the comments, as well.
1. We start with a review of your team's non-conference performance. Take the format of my Week 5 Big 12 Report (North Division post here, South Division here) and give us your Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP, and Projected Finish. (Limit 125 words max on each.)
2. Oklahoma State is one of two Big 12 teams not represented by bloggers. Don your oversized Cowboy hat for a day and give us your take on Mike Gundy's team. Are they same old same old (above average offense, putrid defense)? Or something else?
3. Your team has reached the Big 12 title game, but in a cruel twist of fate, your coach is declared ineligible and you have been asked to select among the other 11 coaches in the conference your team's game day maestro. Who do you select and why?
4. Same situation, but different replacement: Assume this time that it's your quarterback who can't participate in the Big 12 title game. Which other quarterback from the conference would you select to lead your team for that game?
5. Imagine it is July 2008 and you receive an email from the conference's director of public relations, who informs you that the Big 12 has officially partnered with Austin City Limits Music Festival 2008. To promote the partnership, the conference has asked you to choose one of the festival's participating bands as metaphor for your football team and explain it. Go.
6. Answer all of the following in no more than two sentences:
(A) Conference's best quarterback?
(B) Conference's best offense?
(C) Big 12 South winner?
(D) Big 12 North winner?
(E) Big 12 champion?
(F) Big 12 team you would adopt as your favorite if forced to abandon your own?
(G) One prediction that might surprise the rest of us?