I barely was able to attend the RRS due to a barely functional DART transit system. Thanks, DART, for sending me one and a half hours in the wrong direction before bringing me back around to the fair ground..
A few things that I observed from the stands that I'm sure PB and and GoBR will cover along with others after the jump.
There were new revelations in the UT offense:
1. The hurry-up to the I formation... I don't think we saw this so far.
2. I think I saw men in motion. Incredible. GD reads some message boards.
3. Did EBS catch some passes for some big gains? Or did I hallucinate?
4. Goodwin was in the game tearing it up. That's new and awesome.
5. Fozzy is our top runner AND possibly a top receiver?
6. All of the above are offenseive notes, but are completely overshadowed by a defense that won the game with two final interceptions.
GD held back, and put out. We're undefeated. We have all the players, and from now on, the scheme is wide open.
Also, we left 21 points on the field with 1 special teams, 1 offensive and 1 defensive fumble inside the red zone on the ground. 37-13 was as easy as 16-13, and we lucked out at getting the latter.
Win. and move on.
If our offense fires, we can beat anyone. If not... well, we can just beat OU.