In the interest of full disclosure, I am a glass "half empty" guy that insists Murphy was an optimist. Since this is my most anticpated season of all time - I naturally start to worry. That being said - here are 10 things scaring the Bejeezus out of me in descending order of concern: (Injuries to players not included due to jinx factor)
10. Kyle Field Stuffing. Is it just me or does the thought of watching all male cheerleaders after 4 helpings of turkey, gravy, and an entire pumpkin pie make your stomach uneasy?
9. Robert Griffin - Nuff Said
8. Oops they did it again. Big 12 doesn't change tie-breaker rule - Horns have even softer OOC schedule and Sooners toughen their OOC schedule. Say what you want - Horns lost the tie breaker due to cream puff OOC schedule - period.
7. Like the Famous NFL saying - if you have 9 Tight Ends you probably don't have one (or something like that). I trust GD - yes our GD to compensate for the TE from a receiving perspective - but I sure get nervous on how it will affect our run game.
6. Movement of the Tech Game makes it "easy". What a break - right? ESPN needs the games, new QB, blah, blah, blah. My worry - the Pirate is the Pirate - Potts has much more pro potential than Harrell and the Horns get caught napping.
5. GD always has 1 clinker of a game plan per season. Please be Lousiana Monroe.
4. Ben Alexander is starting DT. Let that sink in. Then imagine his backup is a 270 pound Soph.
3. We're Texas dammit - and we don't have good enough RBs. OU returns 2 RBs over 1000 yards. Okie Lite returns 2 RBs better than ours. This is a Major Problem.
2. Eerie feeling on Okie Lite. That Tech game last year was bizarre. Now lets count some similarities. Biggest game ever to come to a podunk town. Bunches of rednecks that extended Friday night's drinking binge into Saturday. ESPN game day in town (speculation), hated rival with ax to grind. Best athletic WR in the country. The Pirate vs. Pirate costumes on Halloween night.
1. Who wins the battle of OU Offensive Line vs. Texas Defensive line? Whoever wins that battle - wins the war. Got Muschamp?