Weeks we have ever submitted a top 25 ranking: 2.
Weeks Texas has been unranked in the last decade: 1.
Kinda wish we'd started doing this in 2005. But, as Shakespeare once wrote, "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly." So, without further adieu, our rankings for the week:
Rationale for dropping Texas from the rankings and a few other thoughts after the jump.
- Tide stays at number one, but we're finding ourselves to be believers in Oregon. Had Alabama not looked so good in mauling Florida then we would've seriously considered Oregon at number one.
- We're on the Boise bandwagon so we'll put Ohio State at 4 after a lackluster showing. The top four are beginning to gain a bit of separation from the rest of the top 25, at least in our book.
- Stanford looked gave Oregon all it could handle, at least a half, so we won't dock them too much.
- We really want to be Michigan buyers, if for no other reason than to see Denard Robinson's weekly VY impersonation, but Michigan State and Iowa in back to back weeks may expose them as frauds. If they get to 7-0 then this should be a top 5 team.
- We'll try to get these up for comments before submitting them in the future, but depression and the busy real world intervened this week.