Thank you for the unprecedented success that you and your staff have attained at Texas. 132 wins in 12 years is an average of 11 wins per season. Who does that? You and your staff have created a monster. This year is so far removed from what young fans have come to expect that they don't know how to react. I have always looked at you much more than a football coach. You have taught people how to win and lose with class. You have never humiliated an opponent. You have been gracious with fans and the media. You are a case study on leadership. I never want my team to lose, but this year may be good for all of us. Now we get to observe how a leader reacts to adversity. Once again you get an A+ in leadership. If people will watch they can learn something when they have adversity in their lives. Football is only a game, but I think it is a great training ground for life. I have noticed the following from you that we can all use when faced with adversity:
1) You haven't made excuses
2) You keep fighting
3) You are still positive
4) You haven't started firing people.(Fans always think that is the solution unless it is their job. Isn't this same staff that lost 2 games in 2 years?)
5) You display loyalty to your players
6) You accept responsibility
7) You are teaching us to keeping working to get better.
8) You show patience when questioned by critics that have never managed people or coached a team.
9) You are circling the wagons and searching for solutions.
You have a more visible job than most, but I am glad that you are the man for the job. You have a team, a school and the State of Texas watching how a real leader handles adversity. Once again, thank you for what you are teaching us.