The number of commits in the class:
- Connor Wood, QB Houston Second Baptist
- Case McCoy, QB Graham
- Traylon Shead, RB Cayuga
- Mike Davis, WR Dallas Skyline
- John Harris, WR Garland Naaman Forest
- Chris Jones, WR Daingerfield
- Darius White, WR Fort Worth Dunbar
- Darius Terrell, WR DeSoto
- Dominic Espinosa, C Cedar Park
- Trey Hopkins, OG/OT Galena Park North Shore
- Taylor Bible, DT Denton Guyer
- Ashton Dorsey, DT Tyler John Tyler
- DeAires Cotton, DT Alief Taylor
- Greg Daniels, DE Houston St. Pius X
- Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Plano West
- Reggie Wilson, DE Haltom
- Aaron Benson, LB Cedar Hill
- Jordan Hicks, LB Lakota West, West Chester (OH)
- Tevin Jackson, LB Garland
- Carrington Byndom, CB Lufkin
- Bryant Jackson, DB Sulphur Springs
- Adrian Phillips, DB Garland
- Adrian White, CB DeSoto
- DeMarco Cobbs, ATH Tulsa Central (OK)
- William Russ, K/PK/P Shreveport Evangel Christian (LA)
Players Texas offered.
Recruits with Texas offers who committed elsewhere:
- Running back from Temple*
- Ross Apo, WR Arlington Oak Ridge
- Trovon Reed, WR Thibodaux (LA)*
- DeAndrew White, WR Galena Park North Shore
- Jake Matthews, OL Fort Bend Elkins
- Ahmad Dixon S Waco Midway
- Torrea Peterson DT San Antonio East Central
- Corey Nelson LB Dallas Skyline
- Aaron Franklin LB Marshall
- Ahmad Dixon S Waco Midway*
*Members of the "Three-Ring Circus"
Percentage of players with Texas offers who signed LOIs on February 3rd.
Percentage of players with Texas offers who were at one time committed to Texas.
Number of de-commits
De-commit who made the right decision for himself and his family -- Ross Apo.
De-commits by the other de-commit -- Ahmad Dixon.
Re-commits by Ahmad Dixon, going back to Baylor after de-commiting from Texas and Baylor.
Percentage of Ahmad Dixon's commitment to both Texas and Baylor before committing to Tennessee.
Members of the "Three-Ring Circus" offered by Texas.
Texas commits from the "Three-Ring Circus."
Percentage of Longhorns fans who should be exceptionally pleased about the above number.
Number of players the coaching staff really wanted and missed on -- Jake Matthews.
25 of 26
Number of the top targets on the Texas recruiting board from whom the coaching staff received commitments. (Note: a later post will discuss the reasons for eliminating seven of the eight outstanding Texas offers from this number.)
Percentage of the top targets on the Texas recruiting board from whom the staff received commitments.
Members of the class who de-committed from another school.
Number of those players who de-committed from an SEC school -- William Russ (Arkansas), Mike Davis (LSU), DeMarco Cobbs (SEC)
Number of players with offers from both Texas or Oklahoma who chose one school or the other.
Number of players with offers from both schools who committed to Texas.
Percentage of players who committed to Texas over Oklahoma.
Number of those three players the Longhorns would accept a LOI from on NSD.
Number of Under Armour All-Americans -- Darius White, Mike Davis, Jordan Hicks, Taylor Bible, Ashton Dorsey, Adrian White, DeMarco Cobbs, and Aaron Benson.
Number of US Army All-Americans -- Jackson Jeffcoat, Dominic Espinosa, Trey Hopkins, Connor Wood, Traylon Shead, Tevin Jackson.
Commitments from the top five players in the state of Texas, according to the final 2011 LSR.
Five-star prospects who committed on Five-Star Friday -- Jordan Hicks and Jackson Jeffcoat.
Average star ranking by Rivals for the Longhorns, tied with Florida and behind only USC's 4.20.
Overall class ranking by the Longhorns, behind the Gators, who have commits from two more five-star recruits (four total).
Members of the class who are the top-ranked players in the country at their position by Rivals -- Hicks, Jeffcoat, Hopkins, and Espinosa.
No. of top 20 players in the country by ESPN who committed to Texas between the end of October and Five-Star Friday -- Davis, D-Money, Cobbs, Jeffcoat, and Hicks.
Number of players who decided they would rather be with the Longhorns than against the Longhorns.
Version of the Legion of Boom premiering in fall of 2010, with a future version starring only players personally chosen by Coach Boom himself.
Number of Booms this class will elicit.
No. of national championships this class must win to be considered a success, at the least.