FanPost

I don't want to be an alarmist here, but what is the Brown and Green back up plan?

 




 


As a young man in the insurance business I always like to see contingency plans and protections in the event of a loss.
Even if Jerry Scarborugh says there's an 80 percent chance that Malcolm Brown will be a Texas Longhorn, there's still a 20 percent chance he won't. And with the President of the Snake Oil Salesman Association Nick Saban jumping into the mix with Brown, that 20 percent gets more and more concerning as time goes on.
Malcolm Brown is certainly free to take his time with his decision, but a hint or lean towards Texas would reassuring. Kirk Bohls accurately wrote that football recruiting was the second most popular sport at the University of Texas.
Is Daniel Lasco really Texas' back up plan? In year where there are potentially 4, high 4 to 5 star running backs at a need position, our back up plan is a kid, though talented would be a low 4th star and lucky to be the ESPN 150. Lasco is not currently listed on the ESPN 150, but he is listed amongst Top Texas Prospects on one of the ESPNU Recruiting Lists. Additionally, Texas isn't listed as one of Lasco's favorites and he's long been rumored to be out of state bound.
I just wonder where the coaching staffs' mindset is on the possibility of not getting Brown and jumping into it too late with Green. I'm sure they have an out of state kid in mind, and in Mack we trust. However, a star running back at Texas seems like a distant memory.
I'm interested to hear if the Burnt Orange Nation has heard anything about an out of state running back in contact with the coaching staff, or a rising in state kid on the coaches' radar.
Whatever the outcome, if Texas does not get Brown, Green, Williams or Sims in a year where Texas was loaded at running back it becomes a festering concern and a poor reflection on our premier program.

Apologies to Whaley, Jeremy Hills, Shead, and Trey Newton. The aforementioned guys were not top 20 national prospects, but may develop into great backs.




 


 

All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Burnt Orange Nation

You must be a member of Burnt Orange Nation to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Burnt Orange Nation. You should read them.

Join Burnt Orange Nation

You must be a member of Burnt Orange Nation to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Burnt Orange Nation. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker