Today's Roundup is dedicated to unreliable sources and bad journalism.
This is not our fault.
With rampant speculation about conference realignment comes all sorts of corollary issues, among them a crying need for a scapegoat.
Because there well could be so many winners and losers in this episode of conference merry-go-round, there has to be somebody to blame.
For some, that's Texas.
Priorities. Meanwhile, the only paper writing about UT's great baseball season is the Austin Chronicle.
Bob is excited.
Football's Bob Stoops is excited.
"It's kind of exciting to me, what the possibilities are for our program," Stoops said. "What actually it will be, I don't know. In the end, it'll be positive."
Richard Justice likes Baylor.
Please don't throw Baylor University overboard. Please, please, please. Baylor deserves better.
Baylor has come too far and has too much to offer. Baylor deserves to be rewarded, not punished.
In some ways, Baylor is a bright and shining light for what college sports ought to be about. If you're rolling your eyes, you haven't been paying attention. Baylor today isn't Baylor of yesterday.
Baylor has first-rate facilities and academics. Baylor has competitive teams, too. OK, other than in football.
Fox Sports has a Q&A with Kansas State coach Bill Snyder.
Lobbyists are lower than...lawyers?
Readers, meet Buddy Jones.
Buddy is a former politician and a current lobbyist. That means Buddy has actually worked in two professions that fall below journalists and lawyers on the public esteem totem pole. As one of the former and a friend of the latter, I can assure you such a feat is not easy. You have to work to have that many people dislike you.
But Buddy isn`t just any old lobbyist. He`s a lobbyist in Texas, where big money flows like oil. Buddy is also a regent for Baylor University. That means that along with looking out for the interests of folks who have lots of green, he also looks out for the interests of things green and gold.
- There are four options for the Big 12.
- The conference is feeling the squeeze.
- Nebraska regents are discussing a move to the Big 10.
- The Big 12 expects Nebraska to leave the conference.
- But wait! Nebraska says it ain't happening.
- The Big 12 isn't wasting any time.
- Lobbyist Buddy Jones disses the Buffs.
- Poor Kansas. Everyone is screwing the sunflower state.
- Ahhhh. The Jayhawks feel like the stepchild.
- Texas is the leader in the mutiny.
- Well, that's a relief. Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News says that the Horns are okay, no matter what.
- At least June isn't boring.