- Mike Davis - welcome, welcome, welcome. We needed a burst of energy and boy did the team get one with his performance tonight. Would be interesting to see when the last true frosh went over 100 receiving yards. This guy needs to get on the field.
- Penalties.be.killing.us - hopefully we got all of this out of our system. Not only were there a ton but they came at the expense of scoring in the first half and keeping our D on the field way too long in the second half. Most of the penalties were hussle type. But still, enough already.
- Fozzie Whitaker - dude had game tonight. His effort in the 2nd quarter sparked the offense to life. As I commented in the game thread, this is what we saw last year. One game Fozzy, next game Tre, next game Cody, etc. Get used to it. This is who we are.
- Sam Acho - what a gamer. He anchored a D that kept Wyoming under, I believe, 70 yards rushing (although many of the sacks contributed, too). Game ball to him, imo.
- Garrett showed a lot of poise under pressure. Once he get's his sea legs it's gonna be lights out.
- Special Teams - 180 degree improvement vs. the Reliant effort. Our punt returns tonight were outstanding...both from Brown and Williams. Punt team - ZERO return yards. Justin looked really good tonight on FG's and KO's. And our kickoff coverage was very physical.
- Pass defense - will need to study this a bit. Looks like our zone play was a little porous.
- Turnovers - none. Good that we did not turn the ball over and bad that we did not cause any turnovers.
Finally, congrats to the defense who played lights out in the 2nd half. Three, count them, three 4th down stops. Fantastic.
On to the Bermuda triangle to play Sand Aggie.