I actually had a very long (more than a month) visit to Austin this past winter. I didn't tell y'all I was there, because I didn't want you guys hitting on me. Despite all my misgivings, there were some awesome things:
1. Can't remember the name of it, but it is a Mexican food joint over by the Half-Price books off of Mo-Pac. That place rocks. I ate there every time I was at the Half-Price Books, which was all the time.
2. Opal Divines. Fish and Chips were crazy good. Went there maybe 4 times. I'd way 300 lbs. if I live there.
3. Half-Price Books. I went to all of them, all of the time. I read Herodotus in Austin while swelled up with Fish and Chips.
4. HEB. Whole-Foods. Sprouts. Nothing like that anywhere near where I live.
5. That big Texas history museum. Man. We were there for four hours and I saw about half of it.
Anyway, everyone was pretty nice, and the food was good, and there were lots of books. All-in-all, a good visit.
All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.