This has been on my mind the whole day. My opinion and the order of likeliness ( also according to me)
1) LSU/Alabama Winner
- Win out and make it to the national championship game
- Obstacles: If LSU wins vs Bama, they still have to play Arkansas in the last game of the regular season. If Alabama wins, their hardest opponent is Auburn. Winner of SEC West must play the SEC East...they hope it's South Carolina and not a upstart Georgia team
- Likeliness of making NC game: Very likely (my prediction is LSU over Bama)
- This is assuming Stanford drops one (has to play Oregon USC and Pac-12 SOuth winner (AZ St) )
- Also assuming OSU drops to OU, which in my opinion is very likely
- Very reasonable remaining schedule (games against WF, ACC Coastal champ, GT, and SC)
- Likeliness of making NC game: somewhat. They will probably drop a game, even though they will be favored in their remaining games
3) Stanford/OSU (tie)
- If OSU or Stanford win out, they will make the title game. If both win out, OSU will make it over Stanford
- Stanford has tough road (has to play Oregon USC and Pac-12 SOuth winner (AZ St) ). I would argue that Stanford's remaining schedule is tougher than OSU's
- OSU has tough road ( KState, OU, TT)
- Likeliness of making NC game: somewhat likely
4) Boise St
- Games vs TCU and SDSU remain
- They will probably win out
- As Georgia keeps on winning, their computer numbers go up
- Likeliness of making NC game: somewhat likely/likely. They've been punished before and voters may want to give them a chance. I also like that the team manages expectations very well. I also predict that OSU will lose to OU and Stanford will lose to Oregon. If both teams lose, BSU deserves a chance to play in the championship. Over an undefeated Clemson. And a one loss SEC team
5) Bama/LSU loser / OU/Oregon
- I just don't see that happening this year. If LSU is the loser in this game, it has a better chance than if Bama is the loser because of strength of schedule.
- OU has a shot if they beat OSU and Bama/LSU loser has two losses, BSU Clemson Stanford all lose.
- Oregon needs to win out and needs alot of help
- Likelihood: not very likely...I don't see a one loss team getting in this year. I honestly believe there will be two undefeated teams in the championship this year.
Who do y'all think will be playing in the championship?
My prediction: LSU vs Boise St