We talkin' 'bout practice.Though the second Junior Day is generally considered the day when the second-tier prospects come into Austin to receive their offers, there is one major advantage JD2 has over JD1 and that's practice. The Longhorns will have their third practice of the spring Saturday and the recruits in attendance will be able to see how the coaches interact with the players and get a better sense of what it's like to play football at Texas.
In fact, the ability to watch practice is probably in large part what has brought the first commitment of the class into town, quarterback Connor Brewer. The same is likely true for local product Cayleb Jones, who will be attending his second Junior Day and will have a chance to talk to get to know Brewer, who could be his quarterback at Texas, and to watch the other players who may line up under center in 2012 and beyond. Another commit, defensive end Hassan Ridgeway, is also expected in town.
- Connor Brewer, Chaparral (AZ) QB
- Cayleb Jones, Austin High WR
- Camrhon Hughes, Harker Heights OL
- Paul Boyette, Humble DT
- Malcom Brown, Brenham DT
- Zorrell Ezell, Humble DT
- Hassan Ridgeway, Mansfield DE
- Caleb Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook DE
- Taiwan Johnson, Manvel DE
- Peter Jinkens, Skyline LB
- Tim Cole, Brenham LB
- Nick Coleman, SA East Central CB
- Bryson Echols, DeSoto CB (Friday visitor and commit)
Invited but will not attend
- John Michael McGee, Texarkana Texas OL
- Devonte Fields, Arlington Martin DE
- Anthony Smith, Houston Westfield DT
- Glynn Checks, Manvel LB
- Justin Thomas, West-Orange Stark CB
- DeCarlos Renfro, West-Orange Stark CB
- Corey Coleman, Richardson Pearce ATH
- Kendall Sanders, Athens ATH
- Most likely to receive offers: Malcom Brown, Peter Jinkens, Camrhon Hughes, Caleb Bluiett, Kendall Sanders.
- Most likely to commit: Camrhon Hughes, Caleb Bluiett, Paul Boyette, Nick Coleman.
- Most likely not to attend: Kendall Sanders.
- Biggest surprise: Despite his incredible film, there isn't a ton of buzz around an offer going out to Devonte Fields, who may be the best pure edge rusher in the class. Not offering Fields would look like a major mistake on the part of the Texas coaching staff.