Bumped from the Fan Posts.
The post about (four-year starter) Blake Gideon and Robthecob's question on that post got me thinking about what other football players were 4 year starters and played in and started the most games at Texas.
After the jump is a list of the most starts by Texas Longhorns football players, using MBTF as the source.
- Colt McCoy started 53, duh.
- D.D. Lewis started 51 games (every game + 4 bowls), which was the record at the time.
- Justin Blalock started all 51 games of his career. MBTF says he broke Dan Neil's record, but I'm showing D.D. did first
- Casey Hampton played in 54 (probably a record?), started 47.
- Michael Huff played in 51, started 50.
- Dan Neil started 49.
- B.J. Johnson played in 51, started 47.
- Ricky WIlliams played in 49, started 47.
- Roy Williams played in 50, started 42.
- Rashad Bobino played in 52, started 45.
- Phil Dawson played in 49, and I believe started them all.
- Dusty Mangum missed only 2 games, due to injury.
- Rodrique Wright played in 50, started 45.
- Derrick Johnson played in 50, started 40
- Rod Babers played in 50, started 40.
- Bobby Layne, assuming he started all his games, only started 41.
What other players might I be missing?