I know it's worrisome not to have the LHN yet, but I ask for a cease and desist on all harassment of cable/satellite providers (and ESPN for that matter).
1) I don't believe subscriber calls do any good, but in the negotiations between ESPN and the carriers you may embolden ESPN to believe they have a favorable environment in the negotiation process with internet chatter, outrage, etc.
2) Cable/Satellite companies are bean counters and have been through many, many carriage disputes. They know what they want to pay for LHN programming. Customer discontent and even disconnections will not change that number, especially to bean counters. With this economy and losses of customers to internet tv, they are no longer in growth mode. They're in penny pinching mode.
3) It's my belief that customer calls, internet outrage can do no good when two businesses are negotiating for a common goal. Be patient and get some sense - this is out of your control.
4) In a negotiation, you want both sides to have a good understanding of reality. You do not want to embolden ESPN to keep their side to demand more against an entrenched cable/satellite provider who wants to pay less. Let the process run its course.
5) Use this thread to vent, but harrassing CEO secretaries or Call Center employees will do nothing and may actually make it less likely a deal will be made.