Longhorn Network - New Programming Announcement
Longhorn Network - the new 24-hour University of Texas channel - continues to assemble a robust slate of programs for UT fans. Launching Friday, Aug. 26, the network will televise live athletics competitions as well as academic- and cultural-themed shows. Several new programs added to the schedule for September and beyond:
• Longhorn Legends – A roundtable discussion featuring coach Mack Brown and the three biggest stars of his Texas tenure: Ricky Williams, Vince Young and Colt McCoy.
• The Season: 2005 Texas Longhorns – A look back at the magical season that began with lofty expectations and culminated in a Rose Bowl triumph over USC and the 4th national championship in UT history.
• Texas’ Greatest Games – A countdown of the 10 best games in Longhorns football history, as selected by a blue ribbon panel of writers, former coaches & athletes.
• Texas’ Greatest Athletes – A countdown of the greatest athletes across all sports in UT history as selected by a blue ribbon panel of writers, former coaches & athletes.
• Traditions – A look at the history of some of the unique traditions of the University of Texas, including Bevo, (not the fake) Big Bertha, Smokey the Cannon, the World’s Largest Texas Flag and the Hook ‘em Horns hand sign.
• And That's The Way It Was - Hosted by UT AD Dodds, DeLoss discusses UIL football currents including, but not limited to, game action recaps and footage of top Longhorn recruits, AAU street agent action, and who's up/who's down in the Big 12 whinery.