Texas picked up two big commitments this past week. Darius James committed first, and Durham Smythe pulled the trigger late Thursday. Both are considered must gets at the their positions, and regarded as the best in the state.
If you're keeping score at home Texas has commitments from the #1 QB in the state of Texas, #1 OT, #1 C, #1 TE, #1 LB, #1 WR, and leads for the #1 DE, and #1 DB. Take your pick at ATH, Texas has 3 of the state's best in Jake Raulerson, Ricky Seals - Jones and Jacorey Warrick. The lowest ranked commit in the 2013 class, Daeshon Hall has an NFL frame and upside. Ridiculous start to 2013 recruiting cycle.
Spring Ball is on hiatus for spring break. Walters closed the the first practices at C, could be a sign of things to come. What did we learn? We'll discuss in SWB.
* Possible movement in DB recruiting? There's some smoke out there that Maurice Smith is close to being offered.
* Vonn Bell plans some visits. He could visit Texas in April. Best safety in the country in my opinion.
* Early spring game visitors. Samples and Manning have both said they'll be there.
* Robert Nkemdiche makes a final 8. Texas made the cut. My thoughts on his recruitment.
* Walters played and played it well. We could see a possible new starting 5 at OL.
* Josh Turner and Duke Thomas step up. The DB rotation is shaping up.
* Can Desean Hales break through as a senior? It's happened before at Texas.
* Joe Bergeron showing out at 241 pounds of marble.
* Texas Hoops makes the tournament again. Congratulations. How far can they go? The draw is favorable.
Let's get it started Citizens. Fire away.
All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.