Burnt Orange Nation gives a Mack clap for the release of an actual depth chart (Kevin Jairaj-US PRESSWIRE).
For the first time this fall, the Texas Longhorns released a depth chart heading into the third and final scrimmage on Thursday night, the last major practice before the team breaks for the weekend and returns for gameweek preparations for Wyoming.
Here's the offensive depth chart, with the defense following after the jump:
|Wide Receiver (H)||8||Jaxon Shipley|||||16||Bryant Jackson||OR||9||John Harris|
|Wide Receiver (Z)||84||Marquise Goodwin|||||26||D.J. Monroe||OR||4||Cayleb Jones|
|Tight End (Y)||18||D.J. Grant||OR||81||Greg Daniels|||||89||Barrett Matthews|
|Right Tackle||78||Josh Cochran|||||77||Luke Poehlmann|
|Right Guard||72||Mason Walters|||||79||Thomas Ashcraft|
|Center||55||Dominic Espinosa|||||73||Garrett Porter|
|Left Guard||75||Trey Hopkins|||||66||Sedrick Flowers|
|Left Tackle||51||Donald Hawkins|||||68||Kennedy Estelle|
|Wide Receiver (X)||1||Mike Davis|||||2||Kendall Sanders|||||19||Marcus Johnson|
|Quarterback||14||David Ash|||||6||Case McCoy|||
|Tailback||24||Joe Bergeron||OR||28||Malcolm Brown|||||32||Johnathan Gray|
|Fullback||30||Ryan Roberson|||||13||Chet Moss||OR||36||Alex De La Torre|
|Place-Kicker||28||Nick Jordan|||||23||Nick Rose|
|Buck||44||Jackson Jeffcoat|||||88||Cedric Reed|||||1||Shiro Davis|
|Tackle (Nose)||96||Chris Whaley|||||85||Ashton Dorsey|||||69||Kyle Kriegel|
|Tackle||97||Brandon Moore|||||99||Desmond Jackson|||||90||Malcom Brown|
|Strong End||80||Alex Okafor|||||92||Reggie Wilson|
|Strongside LB||7||Demarco Cobbs|||||11||Tevin Jackson|
|Middle LB||33||Steve Edmond|||||35||Kendall Thompson||OR||55||Dalton Santos|
|Weakside LB||3||Jordan Hicks|||||35||Kendall Thompson||OR||19||Peter Jinkens|
|Right CB||6||Quandre Diggs|||||21||Duke Thomas|||||31||Leroy Scott|
|Free Safety||4||Kenny Vaccaro|||
|Strong Safety||17||Adrian Phillips|||||2||Mykkele Thompson|
|Left CB||23||Carrington Byndom|||||29||Sheroid Evans|||||31||Leroy Scott|
|Punter||15||Alex King|||||14||William Russ|
|Punt Returns||6||Quandre Diggs|||||8||Jaxon Shipley|
|Kickoff Returns||26||D.J. Monroe|||||6||Quandre Diggs|
|2||Mykelle Thompson|||||84||Marquise Goodwin|
|Kickoffs||23||Nick Rose|||||28||Nick Jordan|
|Holder||86||Cade McCrary|||||15||Alex King|
|Snapper (PAT/FG)||45||Kyle Ashby|||||37||Nate Boyer|
|Snapper (Punts)||45||Kyle Ashby|||||37||Nate Boyer|
- As reported Tuesday, David Ash will be the starter against Wyoming, and is not listed in an -OR- relationship with Case McCoy, though the staff is still planning on playing both throughout the season.
- The only two -OR- listings in the starting positions, for which Brown and his staff are infamous, are Brown and Bergeron at running back and Grant and Daniels at tight end. The former is not surprising, but the latter is a bit of a shock, even with co-offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin's favorable comments about Daniels on Monday. Also surprising that MJ McFarland does not make an appearance here, though Brown said that his blocking is still a work in progress.
- Harris listed in -OR- with Jackson also a surprise, as all the talk from coaches, practice reports has well Harris has played, with little to no buzz about Jackson.
- Poehlmann is considered a starter, essentially, and will be the first lineman off the bench. Ashcraft would be the second, ahead of Sedrick Flowers, also a bit of a surprise.
- Nick Jordan will be the starting placekicker until Anthony Fera gets healthy.
- Whaley as the starter over Jackson also surprising, though there is likely so little separation four between the top four at defensive tackle that the starters don't really matter that much.
- The first two defensive backs off the bench will be Turner and Thompson.
- It's hard to imagine that Diggs will be used heavily on both punt and kickoff returns given how much he will play at cornerback.