On the last possible day that it is justifiably okay to review last season, I present to you the ranking of 2011 offenses by drive outcomes. Happy Football Eve, everyone.
Some thoughts of mine (yours welcome):
1. SPOILER ALERT: Texas is ranked 63rd, amongst titans of offense Fresno St. and Vanderbilt. Yikes.
2. Although Stanford scored on an absurd 60% of their drives, they don't take the top spot from Wisconsin, which has a slight edge in TDs.
3. Alabama is ninth on the list. Given their #1 overall ranking on the defensive side, a case can be made for them being the national champion. You just might have to spot them a mulligan.
4. Texas sets up for an absurdly easy opening three games, playing no team better than #81 Wyoming on offense. Manny Diaz is going to go to town. And Kenny Vaccaro might actually kill someone.
5. New Mexico has managed the distinction of being ranked dead last on defense and second-to-last on offense. Week two should be fun folks.
6. What did I miss? Thoughts?