Another Saturday is upon us, meaning another day that our beloved Texas Longhorns take the field in an effort to prove that they remotely look like a Division 1 football team. The same questions still haunt the Horns: Do we seriously still not know how to tackle? Why does Gerg Robinson look eerily similar to Jim Mora, Sr.? Does Mack really think we can win the Big 12 when we can't even beat an independent team? Has Major Applewhite been possessed by Greg Davis or is he calling these plays just for fun?
With the answers to these questions comes immense pain. Last week, my friend Aadi and I created a drinking game in an effort to help us with getting through Texas football without breaking down in tears. A quick recap of how it works: 8 categories created, one person sets the designated number while the other chooses the over/under. Loser drinks, simple as that. Here are the categories and their respective over/under's for the Kansas State game. Of course, we'll post our results sometime tomorrow after our hangovers have subsided.
(This week, Aadi set the odd numbers while I set the evens)
1) Number of negative yardage plays by the Horns - 5.5 (Shawn - under)
2) Number of rushes by Daniel Sams that go for >15 yards - 4.5 (Aadi - over)
3) Number of plays Tyrone Swoopes actually plays - 2.5 (Shawn - over)
4) Total passing yards by Kansas State - 170.5 (Aadi - under)
5) Total rushing yards allowed by Texas "defense" (yes, I purposely put it in quotations) - 275.5 (Shawn - over)
6) Number of targets for Kendall Sanders - 6.5 (Aadi - under)
7) Total passing yards by Texas - 240.5 (Shawn - over)
8) Total points allowed by Texas "defense" - 37.5 (Aadi - under).
Happy drinking, and Texas Fight.