Perhaps there is a way to win without a defense. I have a plan:
- Disband most of the defensive unit and allocate the players to the offense and special teams.
- Retain the short yardage defense and spend all practice reps on that.
- Disband the following special teams: kickoff unit, punt return unit, punt unit, field goal unit.
- Create an efficient on-side kicking unit with a success rate of 50%. With good schemes and lots of practice, this is attainable. We will always kick on-side. (After all, defense is futile.)
- Our 'defense' will consist of a series of off-side penalties until the opponent is inside the 10. At that point our short yardage defense needs to achieve 50% stops. We will concede field goals.
- Our offense (now strengthened with former defensive stars) will need to score on 50% of our possessions. We will always go on fourth down.
See how this works: For each 12 possessions, our opponent will score 6 TDs and 6 FGs for 60 points. Because of our on-side kicks, we will have 18 possessions, scoring 9 TD for 63 points. We win.