The wild few weeks since being hired has culminated in the National Signing Day press conference for new Texas Longhorns head coach Charlie Strong, who will fortunately have some defensive tackles to talk about after the additions of Poona Ford and Chris Nelson to the class on Wednesday.
The press conference will air on the Longhorn Network and will be available for streaming here at 2 p.m. CT.
Follow along as Strong discusses a class that managed to fill some major needs at tight end, linebacker, along the offensive line, and at defensive tackle in the last month while combating a number of decommitments. Strong also managed to keep Jermaine Roberts and John Bonney in the fold in the final days, as well as Lorenzo Joe and the Foreman twins.
Some definite wins there for the new head coach.
- Texas Longhorns National Signing Day Open Thread
- Is Texas now the most likely destination for USC QB transfer Max Wittek?
- John Bonney signs with the Texas Longhorns
- Florida DT Chris Nelson signs with the Texas Longhorns
- Daily Round Up: NSD Is Here
- Texas Survives TCU, Moves to 7-2 in Conference Play
- Texas targets Poona Ford and Chris Nelson to decide on National Signing Day
- Mack Brown denies telling Texas recruits to look around
- Report: Former Houston QB Bram Kohlhausen joining Texas as a walk on