There was a post about which schools were the most impressive at all three major college sports (baseball, football, basketball).
Without a doubt, school #1 is UT, with 2 national championships,and 3 wins away from a trifecta.
The challenge is to list your top 3 both contemporary (first) and historic all around athletic schools in terms of the big 3 sports.
Here's my picks
- UT - enough said
- Florida - lost to UT in CWS, in Final Four, solid year behind Urban Meyer.
- UCLA - 2 loss fb season (ugly though it may be) in the Final Four...don't know about their baseball program though.
- USC - call it homerism, but the most CWS titles (12), anywhere from 9-11 CFB championships, and a basketball team that occasionally doesn't suck.
- UT - 2nd most CWS titles (6), strong football tradition (800 total wins, last one against USC), basketball team thats coming into its own...fairly weak in the pre-TJ Ford era though.
- UCLA - Semi-decent football tradition (at least 1 nc), no major baseball tradition but holds 11! NCAA bball tourney wins, including a 12 year stretch where they won 10, 7 in a row.