As you can see from the lovely logo serving as the ballot's banner, the Blog Poll is now officially a data set in CBS Sports' weekly college football rankings. Practically speaking, this means several things:
- More fans will be exposed to bloggers' balloting, in theory driving more feedback to draft ballots and forcing us balloteers to justify our positions or, where differing views cause us to rethink, adjust our final rankings for the Wednesday final ballot.
- Draft ballots have to go up on Monday morning now, which at least for this week, means I'm posting my first go-round without commentary. As always, I'm wide open to feedback--I simply don't have time to lay out all my ballot thoughts at the moment.
Some early adjustments:
- Vandy returned to #7 from inexplicable bump up. Some are arguing they don't belong up that high at all, but whose resume do you like better?
- Penn State and Texas jump LSU--the Tigers have one decent win, a 5 point win at Auburn. Not much else beyond that, and little in the way of margin of victory to suggest more at this time.
- Not sure why I had Georgia Tech up in the high teens in ballot one, but that's corrected.
- Wake Forest moved up; Navy loss hurts, but head-to-head over FSU can't be ignored.