After digesting yesterday's game, these are some thoughts that come to mind:
- Why is Preston Clark swinging so much on 3-0 counts? Clearly Augie's giving him the green light, but has he put a 3-0 pitch in play yet?
- Is Kyle Walker done for the year in meaningful games? Last night would have been a great opportunity to get Walker an inning or two, but Augie went with the newbies he seems to trust more.
- Why is Kyle Russell pressing so much? Batting .273 with 1 HR through 14 games, what happened to the guy who tore it up last year?
- Who's the long term closer? Our money's on Stayton Thomas, but the bullpen depth is exciting.
- Who is the Sunday starter? Austin Wood and Kenn Kasparek seem to have the Friday and Saturday starter roles sown up, but is Cole Green the Sunday answer?
- Finally, who's the answer in left field? We like Kevin Keyes a lot, but Kyle Lusson has been getting the starts of late.