|Flanker (Z)||1||Mike Davis||OR||3||DeSean Hales|
|Sub B||5||John Chiles|||||84||Marquise Goodwin|
|Tight End (Y)||89||Barrett Matthews|||||87||Dominique Jones|
|Right Tackle||72||Britt Mitchell|||||70||Paden Kelley|
|Right Guard||67||Mason Walters|||||73||Garrett Porter|
|Center||78||David Snow|||||73||Garrett Porter|
|Left Guard||76||Trey Hopkins|||||79||Thomas Ashcraft|
|Left Tackle||64||Kyle Hix|||||70||Paden Kelley|
|Split End (X)||11||James Kirkendoll|||||9||Malcolm Williams|||||4||Darius White|
|Quarterback||7||Garrett Gilbert|||||6||Case McCoy|||||18||Connor Wood|
|Tailback||28||Fozzy Whittaker|||||31||Cody Johnson|||
|Fullback||30||Ryan Roberson|||||41||Jamison Berryhill|
|Place-Kicker||19||Justin Tucker|||||14||William Russ|
Defense, special teams, and some analysis after the jump...
|Buck||9||Dravannti Johnson|||||32||Eddie Jones|
|Tackle (Nose)||91||Kheeston Randall|||||96||Calvin Howell|
|Tackle||80||Alex Okafor|||||85||Ashton Dorsey|
|End||81||Sam Acho|||||92||Reggie Wilson|
|Strongside LB||18||Emmanuel Acho|||||9||Dravannti Johnson|
|Middle LB||18||Emmanuel Acho|||||42||Dustin Earnest|
|Weakside LB||1||Keenan Robinson|||||33||Jordan Hicks|
|Right CB||4||Aaron Williams|||||2||Carrington Byndom|
|Right Safety||21||Blake Gideon|||
|Left Safety||6||Christian Scott||OR||16||Kenny Vaccaro|
|Left CB||3||Curtis Brown|||||7||A.J. White|
|Punter||47||John Gold||OR||19||Justin Tucker|
|Punt Returns||17||Adrian Phillips|||||3||Curtis Brown||OR||4||Darius White|
|Kickoff Returns||26||D.J. Monroe
|||||9||Malcolm Williams||OR||6||Christian Scott|
|Kickoffs||19||Justin Tucker|||||14||William Russ|
|Holder||86||Cade McCrary|||||47||John Gold|
|Deep Snapper (PAT/FG)||72||Britt Mitchell|||||83||Greg Smith|
|Deep Snapper (Punts)||48||Alex Zumberge|||||49||Trey Wier|
- Some major changes offensively, especially at wide receiver, where James Kirkendoll is now the starter at split end, displacing Malcolm Williams. On the other side of the formation, that leaves John Chiles at the starter in the slot, backed up by Marquise Goodwin, while Mike Davis and DeSean Hales are co-starters at flanker.
- EBS is no longer on the depth chart for reasons that haven't been made apparent by the coaching staff, so Barrett Matthews is the starter at tight end, backed up by Dominique Jones. Ryan Roberson is now the starter at the never-used H-back position, passing Chris Whaley there.
- Garrett Porter and Paden Kelley both back up two positions along the offensive line. Mark Buchanan, who was listed on the depth chart for much of the year but never played, is no longer listed.
- Defensively, the big change is that Dravannti Johnson is back at the Buck position, passing Eddie Jones, a surprising demotion for the senior. The coaches must not have been happy with his play the last several weeks because Johnson hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire either.
- Emmanuel Acho is the starter at both the strongside position and in the middle. He would likely give way to Dustin Earnest in the middle if the Longhorns need to play three linebackers, which they will not have to do against either Oklahoma State or Texas A&M. Not sure if FAU is spread or not.
- Kenny Vaccaro is the new starter in the nickel, with Aaron Williams moving to right cornerback, backed up by Carrington Byndom, likely the first player off the bench if Vaccaro moves to left safety during the game, where he is a co-starter with Christian Scott.
- Adrian Phillips remains the punt returner, with Darius White making his first appearance on the depth chart there as a co-backup.