Our last two road trips have been complete disasters. I won't mark tonight's game as a 'must win' but I will say that Texas better get at least one of two this week.
The Keys for Texas are pretty established at this point:
1) Stop dribble penetration.
2) Someone help Damion James on the boards. This means you Dexter. Texas has a huge advantage tonight on the glass against the smaller Cowboys, and dominating the glass will go a long way toward stealing a road win.
3) Protect the basketball. The Texas offense is not good enough to waste possessions.
4) Shoot the ball more efficiently from the floor and stretch the defense enough with a couple of three-pointers.
5) Make at least 68% from the free throw line.
6) Get at least 10 solid minutes from Alexis Wangmene or Matt Hill or Clint Chapman.
7) If given the chance, Jai Lucas and Jordan Hamilton can't turn the ball over and must contribute something positive on offense.
8) Don't let Dexter get double teamed without the ball. That requires Barnes to limit the minutes with both Dogus Balbay and Justin Mason on the floor together and when they are, attack the basket with the dribble.
9) Oklahoma State specific--Limit James Anderson and Obi Muonelo. If neither of these two go off, Texas will have a great shot tonight. Anderson is a terrific three point shooter while Muonelo scores more off mid-range jumpers and around the rim.