Boom or bust? The Texas Longhorns are in a rare position to close with a number of top prospects during what promises to be the most high-drama National Signing Day in program history.
With only three pledges on the biggest day in college football recruiting over the last decade -- two of them last year -- Texas has a chance for a historic finish to the 2015 class. Or the Horns could find themselves on the outside looking in with several prospects who looked likely to head to Austin just a few short days ago.
So buckle up and get ready for a roller-coaster ride on Wednesday.
Here's the schedule for the prospects still on the board:
- Rockwall running back Chris Warren (8:00 a.m. CT) -- Warren just took his official visit to Washington over the weekend, but a Crystal Ball prediction for Texas from a Washington insider indicated the lack of perceived impact the trip had on his ultimate plans. Prediction: Texas
- Plano West running back Soso Jamabo (8:15 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- A major surge for UCLA on Monday has Texas looking like it lose another recruiting battle to the Bruins when Wednesday morning arrives. There was apparently a major swing in the direction of his recruitment over the last several days because the news on Thursday night after Kyler Murray decided to stick with A&M with extremely positive for Texas. Prediction: UCLA
- Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga athlete Marcus Lewis (8:45 a.m. CT?) -- Kai Locksley's close friend picked up an offer from Texas on Monday, according to Rivals. Once down to Kentucky and Miami, Lewis could put off his decision until after National Signing Day. Florida State is also a major threat if the Noles miss on two big defensive back targets on Wednesday, as expected. The expectation on Tuesday was that he would choose on Wednesday, but he took down a tweet that stated his intentions to do so. Prediction: Florida State
- Beaumont Central safety PJ Locke (9:00 a.m. CT) -- Were the Longhorns too late to offer the longtime Ducks pledge? Locke publicly contemplated the decision on his Instagram page. After re-affirming his pledge on Monday evening, rumors swirled about a potential flip on Tuesday. Horns247 reported the flip through sources, Locke denied his flip on Twitter before deleting the denial. This one looks good for the Longhorns. Prediction: Texas
- Coffeyville CC wide receiver Dominique Reed (10 a.m CT) -- The junior college prospect's body language didn't look great during his time on campus and there's no real buzz around the Longhorns right now. Over the weekend he took his final visit to Auburn, which looks like the most serious contender, along with Arkansas. Prediction: Auburn
- Cedar Hill wide receiver DaMarkus Lodge (11:00 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- Texas isn't officially eliminated from the Lodge sweepstakes, but that's probably just semantics at this point after Murray's decision. The state's best receiver was supposedly headed for Ole Miss several days ago, but it's possible that Texas A&M could convince him to play with his close friend. Prediction: Ole Miss
- Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack (11:30 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- The last of the televised announcements that will impact Texas, Mack already knows where he's going, he's just managed to keep it to himself. All three staffs seemed confident about their respective chances over the weekend, but reports emerged on Monday evening that the Horns were eliminated, leaving the Horned Frogs and Aggies as his remaining choices. On Tuesday morning, another report emerged that the Aggies will be the pick. Prediction: Texas A&M
- Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab running back Nick Brossette -- There was plenty of momentum for the Horns after Brossette's official visit in the middle of January, but it all dissipated after he visited the Tigers once again, the school to which he's long been pledged. He denied a Friday report that he's sticking with LSU by sending out a tweet saying he'll decide on National Signing Day. Still, it doesn't look good for the Longhorns. Prediction: LSU
- Aledo wide receiver Ryan Newsome (TBD) -- Texas is still recruiting the recent UCLA pledge and he's listening, so it's possible that the staff could convince to make a last-minute flip. Prediction: UCLA
- Miami (Fla.) Northwestern cornerback Deandre Baker (TBD) -- At some point on National Signing Day, the 2015 US Army All-American will either honor his pledge to Georgia or flip to Texas. Prediction: Texas