Hey there, Texas Longhorns fans. Welcome to a recruitnik's version of Christmas -- the 2015 edition of National Signing Day.
Throughout the morning, committed prospects will send in their National Letters of Intent that will finally bind them to the school. There aren't expected to be any surprises in that area, though there is perhaps a slight tinge of concern with Gilmer cornerback Kris Boyd after all the Monday rumors. However, he should be good to go after re-affirming his commitment. Same for Miami (Fla.) Westminster cornerback Davante Davis after he canceled his Auburn visit and did the same last week.
This post will get updated as each NLI comes in and there will also be capsules for his each prospect when that happens.
Even without a big haul -- just, say, Rockwall running back Chris Warren, the Horns still have a good shot at landing a top-10 class in the 247Sports Composite team rankings, depending on what happens with several schools around the Longhorns.
Through the morning, the Longhorn Network will have coverage of the recruiting class as the NLIs come in before head coach Charlie Strong has his press conference at 2 p.m. CT, which will air on the LHN and via a live stream on TexasSports.com. Look for an open thread for that later.
Strong will also make an appearance on SiriusXM College Sports Nation (channel 91) at either 3:00 p.m. CT or 3:30 p.m. CT, with that schedule subject to change.
Here's the list of committed prospects expected to sign:
- Baltimore (Mary.) quarterback Kai Locksley (7:02 a.m. CT)
- Irving Cistercian quarterback Matthew Merrick (grayshirt candidate)
- Rockwall running back Chris Warren (10:38 a.m. CT)
- San Jose (Calif.) Valley Christian running back Kirk Johnson (10:30 a.m. CT)
- Galena Park North Shore running back Tristian Houston (8:25 a.m. CT)
- Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln wide receiver John Burt (6:15 a.m. CT)
- Aledo wide receiver Ryan Newsome (9:50 a.m. CT)
- Georgia Prep wide receiver Gilbert Johnson (7:41 a.m. CT)
- Mesquite Poteet wide receiver DeAndre McNeal (8:34 a.m. CT)
- Miami (Fla.) Booker T Washington tight end Devonaire Clarington (6:35 a.m. CT)
- East Mississippi CC offensive tackle Brandon Hodges*
- Navarro College offensive tackle Tristan Nickelson*
- Coppell offensive tackle Connor Williams*
- Many (La.) offensive lineman Garrett Thomas*
- Euless Trinity offensive lineman Patrick Vahe (8:24 a.m. CT)
- Huntsville offensive tackle Ronnie "Buck" Major (9:35 a.m. CT)
- Navarro College defensive end Quincy Vasser*
- Rowlett defensive end Charles Omenihu (7:41 a.m. CT)
- Cy Falls defensive tackle Du'Vonta Lampkin (7:30 a.m. CT)
- Mesquite Poteet linebacker Malik Jefferson*
- Dallas Skyline linebacker Anthony Wheeler (8:56 a.m. CT)
- Fort Bend Ridge Point linebacker Cameron Townsend (7: 30 a.m. CT)
- Lakeland (Fla.) Victory Christian linebacker Cecil Cherry (9:06 a.m. CT)
- Westlake linebacker Breckyn Hager (7:30 a.m. CT)
- Houston Lamar cornerback Holton Hill (9:30 a.m. CT)
- Gilmer cornerback Kris Boyd (9:21 a.m. CT)
- Miami (Fla.) Booker T Washington cornerback Davante Davis (7:36 a.m. CT)
- Beamount Central safety PJ Locke (7:24 a.m. CT)
- Rockwall-Heath safety DeShon Elliott (9:45 a.m. CT)
*denotes early enrollee
And details on the announcement schedule:
- Rockwall running back Chris Warren (8:00 a.m. CT) -- Warren just took his official visit to Washington over the weekend, but a Crystal Ball prediction for Texas from a Washington insider indicated the lack of perceived impact the trip had on his ultimate plans. Prediction: Texas
- Plano West running back Soso Jamabo (8:15 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- A major surge for UCLA on Monday has Texas looking like it lose another recruiting battle to the Bruins when Wednesday morning arrives. There was apparently a major swing in the direction of his recruitment over the last several days because the news on Thursday night after Kyler Murray decided to stick with A&M with extremely positive for Texas. Prediction: UCLA
- Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga athlete Marcus Lewis (8:45 a.m. CT?) -- Kai Locksley's close friend picked up an offer from Texas on Monday, according to Rivals. Once down to Kentucky and Miami, Lewis could put off his decision until after National Signing Day. Florida State is also a major threat if the Noles miss on two big defensive back targets on Wednesday, as expected. The expectation on Tuesday was that he would choose on Wednesday, but he took down a tweet that stated his intentions to do so. Prediction: Florida State
- Beaumont Central safety PJ Locke (9:00 a.m. CT) -- Were the Longhorns too late to offer the longtime Ducks pledge? Locke publicly contemplated the decision on his Instagram page. After re-affirming his pledge on Monday evening, rumors swirled about a potential flip on Tuesday. Horns247 reported the flip through sources, Locke denied his flip on Twitter before deleting the denial. This one looks good for the Longhorns. Prediction: Texas
- Coffeyville CC wide receiver Dominique Reed (10 a.m CT) -- The junior college prospect's body language didn't look great during his time on campus and there's no real buzz around the Longhorns right now. Over the weekend he took his final visit to Auburn, which looks like the most serious contender, along with Arkansas. Prediction:
- Cedar Hill wide receiver DaMarkus Lodge (11:00 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- Texas isn't officially eliminated from the Lodge sweepstakes, but that's probably just semantics at this point after Murray's decision. The state's best receiver was supposedly headed for Ole Miss several days ago, but it's possible that Texas A&M could convince him to play with his close friend, though there was also some buzz around Texas on Tuesday. Prediction: Ole Miss
- Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack (11:30 a.m. CT ESPNU) -- The last of the televised announcements that will impact Texas, Mack already knows where he's going, he's just managed to keep it to himself. All three staffs seemed confident about their respective chances over the weekend, but reports emerged on Monday evening that the Horns were eliminated, leaving the Horned Frogs and Aggies as his remaining choices. On Tuesday morning, another report emerged that the Aggies will be the pick. Prediction: Texas A&M
- Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab running back Nick Brossette -- There was plenty of momentum for the Horns after Brossette's official visit in the middle of January, but it all dissipated after he visited the Tigers once again, the school to which he's long been pledged. He denied a Friday report that he's sticking with LSU by sending out a tweet saying he'll decide on National Signing Day. Still, it doesn't look good for the Longhorns. Prediction: LSU
- Aledo wide receiver Ryan Newsome (TBD) -- Texas is still recruiting the recent UCLA pledge and he's listening, so it's possible that the staff could convince to make a last-minute flip. Prediction:
- Miami (Fla.) Northwestern cornerback Deandre Baker (TBD) -- At some point on National Signing Day (likely in the morning), the 2015 US Army All-American will either honor his pledge to Georgia or flip to Texas. Prediction: