In years past, former Texas Longhorns head coach Mack Brown would have already orchestrated a commitment or two ahead of the Junior Day and push for more the next day on the way towards wrapping up most of the class by the end of February. Under new head coach Charlie Strong, even landing a single commitment on the only Junior Day of the year (Brown used to hold two) is unlikely, so the biggest fireworks at Saturday's event will probably be an offer or two or three extended by the staff.
And so the event has decreased in significance for the Longhorns with the key official visits for these prospects still more than 10 months away and National Signing Day, when at least some of these recruits are likely to make a final decision, still more than 11 months in the future.
Now, that's not to say that the events aren't important, as the recruits get to spend some rare face time with the coaches and tour the facilities.
The good news is that the impact of not getting a recruit on campus, formerly a necessity to receive an offer, is now diminished, as well. The bad news is that there probably won't be much excitement tomorrow, as the big February news for the Longhorns now comes on the first Wednesday of the month.
Here's the list of planned attendees, which, as always, is fluid and could change as unexpected recruits show up on campus and some prospects do not as rides invariably fall through:
- Austin Westlake quarterback Sam Ehlinger (commit)
- Sachse quarterback Jalen Mayden (2018)
- Wylie East running back Eno Benjamin (possible offer)
- South Grand Prairie running back Andre Johnson
- Crosby running back Craig Williams (2018)
- Cedar Hill wide receiver Camron Buckley
- Tyler John Tyler wide receiver Damion Miller (commit)
- Crosby wide receiver Mannie Netherly (Texas A&M commit)
- Lufkin wide receiver Dhailon Phillips
- Sachse wide receiver Drue Jackson (2018)
- Bullard tight end Major Tennison (commit)
- Victoria East tight end Chance McLeod
- Cypress Creek offensive tackle Grayson Reed
- Houston Episcopal offensive tackle Walker Little
- San Antonio Jay offensive tackle Matthew Huhn
- Lake Travis offensive tackle Brendan Jaimes
- Liberty-Eylau defensive end Lagaryonn Carson (commit)
- Temple defensive end Taquon Graham
- Houston Bellaire defensive end Alexander Duke (Houston commit)
- Denton Ryan defensive end Earnest Brown
- Houston Lamar defensive end Troy Porche
- Baton Rouge (La.) Madison Prep defensive end Bryan Jones (possible offer)
- Kennedale linebacker Baron Browning
- Plano East linebacker Anthony Hines
- Plano West linebacker Mohamed Sanogo
- Mansfield Lake Ridge linebacker Loren Mondy (Arizona State commit)
- Fort Bend Elkins linebacker Kenneth Murray
- Lake Dallas cornerback Kobe Boyce
- Nacogdoches cornerback Josh Thompson
- Manvel safety Derrick Tucker
- Sachse safety Isaiah Humphries
- South Grand Prairie safety Jeffrey Okudah
- Temple safety Ashton Logan
- Dallas Wilson athlete Darrion Green
- Hooks athlete Montrell Estell
Visitor list compiled from The Football Brainiacs (here and here) and 247Sports profile pages.