The Texas Longhorns Men's Golf team is among the headliners of the 2016 NCAA Championship, and for good reason. Behind the efforts of No. 2-ranked Beau Hossler, No. 14-ranked Doug Ghim and No. 20-ranked Gavin Hall, Texas, the Big 12 champion, is peaking entering its 10th straight NCAA Championship after winning three consecutive tournaments and seven of the last nine.
Considering the talent Texas boasts, it wouldn't be far-fetched to expect the Longhorns to compete for the Team Match Play National Championship Wednesday, June 1.
1. Beau Hossler
2. Doug Ghim
3. Gavin Hall
4. Scottie Scheffler
5. Taylor Funk
Hossler, the Big 12 Player of the Year, Ben Hogan Award finalist and Jack Nicklaus Award finalist, leads the nation with five collegiate victories in 2015-16, including four spring tournament wins and a 69.70 scoring average. Ghim and Hall were each Jack Nicklaus semifinalists and All-Big 12 selections.
All five of the Longhorns competing finished in the top 10 at least once and four finished in the top five at least once. 2014-15 All-Americans Hossler, Ghim, Scheffler and Hall all carded a 66 or lower this season.
The 2016 finals schedule is as follows:
- Friday, May 27: First day of stroke play competition - Texas Tee Time: 2:20 p.m. CT
- Saturday, May 28: Second day of stroke play competition - Texas Tee Time: 9:00 a.m. CT
- Monday, May 30: Final round of stroke play completion to determine top-eight teams for match play - Tee Time: approximately 1:30 a.m. CT
Golf Channel - NCAA Division I Men's Golf Championships Live Coverage
- Monday, May 30: Final Round Individual Stroke play 5-10 p.m CT. (LIVE)
- Tuesday, May 31: Quarterfinals, match play 11-3 p.m CT. (LIVE)
And Semifinals, match play 5-10 p.m. (LIVE)
- Wednesday, June 1: Finals, match play 2-10 p.m CT. (LIVE)
If Texas can prevail as the last team standing out of 30, it will be the Longhorns fourth NCAA Championship and first since 2012. Follow the NCAA Championship with live streaming from the Golf Channel.