There is new excitement around Texas Longhorns basketball, as head coach Shaka Smart retools his roster and starts to build the program for the future. Texas basketball fans are on the journey with him.
The only thing lacking for this adventure is a guide book, and thus a couple of basketball bloggers from Burnt Orange Nation and Barking Carnival have teamed up to write it. This book, which we announced over at BC earlier in the week, will release in the second half of October and covers all the things that Texas hoops fans want to know about this team, including:
- An in depth look at Jarrett Allen and the incoming freshman class
- Our take on every player on the Texas roster
- An exploration of the Longhorn offense and defense, examining Smart’s strategic approach and a discussion of how the current roster fits
- A Big 12 preview, detailing every team in the league, and providing our view on how the season will go
- A preview of the full non-conference schedule
- A look at the Longhorn coaching staff, including what happened with Jai Lucas and Mike Morrell over the summer
- A chapter on Texas recruiting where we give you our take on the top prospects Shaka Smart’s staff is after, detailing the strengths and weaknesses of their games
- Jokes about Scott Drew and Bobby Knight
- Hair-styling tips to help you look like Jamie Dixon
It is 40,000 words of Texas basketball, all in an easy-to-access e-book format.
We will have more to say about the book as the publication date approaches.