Texas Longhorns football currently sits at 3-3, and Tom Herman's group will face yet another colossal task on Saturday morning against the No. 10 Oklahoma State Cowboys. The 'Horns have been competitive against USC and Oklahoma, but can they finally minimize mistakes enough to finally pull an upset?
Texas is no stranger to facing elite quarterbacks, and OK State's Mason Rudolph is certainly one of them. Rudolph has helped lead the Cowboys to a nation best 610.7 yards per game.
This week, BON has broken down how Texas can limit Rudolph's effectiveness and what needs to happen for a Longhorn win. It will take a nearly flawless game, but this Texas team has shown it has the ability to hang in there with top opponents.
Here's to hoping the tower is lit orange come Saturday night.
Here's some reading from Burnt Orange Nation this week in preparation for Saturday's game against the Cowboys:
- Cade Webb of SB Nation Oklahoma State blog Cowboys Ride for Free discusses the Oklahoma State offense, and the keys to Saturday's game.
- This week's roundtable shows that the BON staff is not confident Texas gets a win.
- Texas needs to cut down on mistakes and finish in order to pull the upset against OK State.
- Texas CB Kris Boyd will need to turn around his play against the Cowboys and could be a player to watch on Saturday.
- Texas freshman offensive lineman Derek Kerstetter has been a major factor in holding the 'Horns' line together.
How to watch, listen, and stream
Where: Darrell K. Royal—Texas Memorial Stadium (Austin, Texas)
Kickoff time: 11 am CST
Weather: An overcast 78 degrees (keep the hoodies at home).
Radio: 104.9 The Horn, 99.3
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Live Stats: Side Arm Stats
Odds: OSU (-7.5)