Texas may have won the transfer lottery. Transfers Calvin Anderson and Tre Watson could fill some big holes on offense this season. Former Rice lineman Watson, a two-time All-Conference USA selection, may fill the Connor Williams void and former Cal running back Anderson may bring versatility and some much-needed explosiveness to the backfield.
What was Herman’s biggest surprise after taking over the program? “Just how fragile this team was when we took over,” Herman said on Jim Rome Show. “Three straight losing seasons will do that to you.”
The 2019 recruiting class is off to a great start. Texas’ class ranks No. 18 in the nation with the addition of some recent offensive talent.
Texas and West Virginia have a tough Big 12 schedule next season. “Zero true road games is a good thing for Texas. The Longhorns get a revenge game of sorts in Landover, Md., but Tom Herman’s group should be better suited to win this year’s meeting after Maryland stunned Texas in its 2017 opener. Tulsa shouldn’t be an issue. USC will be a challenge, but this year’s Trojans shouldn’t be as strong as 2017 and Texas gets them at home.”
Texas Tech pays their athletic director more than we pay Del Conte. This is not a joke. Tech’s Kirby Hocutt makes 1.45 million and Del Conte makes 1.435 million.
Around the 40 Acres
• Congrats to WR John Burt for winning the Big 12 title in the 110-meter hurdles.
• The OU game returns to FOX in 2018.
• Mo Bamba could be the #5 pick in the NBA draft.
• Texas golfer Doug Ghim leads overall at the NCAA regional and the team is at the top of the leaderboard after two rounds.
• Planning to attend the Texas-USC game? Better plan on purchasing tickets to some other games, too.