Kansas has had some upheaval on the coaching staff, with first-year head coach Les Miles replacing offensive coordinator Les Koenning with up-and-comer Brent Dearmon. The hope for the Jayhawks is that Dearmon, who was the architect of high-powered offenses at lower levels, will bring the same spark to the Kansas offense.
For Texas, the issue comes that a lack of film and evaluation of Dearmon’s system means that in-game and halftime adjustments will be plentiful if Texas wants to find the level of success expected against the Jayhawks.
- The Longhorn Republic thinks Texas may be able to win on talent alone.
- New KU offensive coordinator Brent Dearmon literally wrote the book on RPOs.
When Kansas does run RPOs this weekend, the goal will be to provide quarterback Carter Stanley opportunities to make the right read and right decision based on the conflict the scheme could put Texas defenders in
- Texas will wear classic uniforms Saturday, honoring the 50th anniversary of the 1969 National Championship.
- Roschon Johnson continues to make his mark on the running back position.
“He plays fearless. He plays tough. He plays aggressive,” Herman said of Johnson. “He’s got to clean some things up from a protection standpoint, but really liked the progress that he’s made in whatever it is, two months of playing that position.”
- Sophomore WR Joshua Moore (suspension) — out
- Freshman RB Jordan Whittington (groin) — out
- Freshman OL Reese Moore (knee) — out
- Junior DB Josh Thompson (foot) — out
- Sophomore S Caden Sterns (knee) — out
- Junior DB Chris Brown (arm) — out
- Senior LB Jeffrey McCulloch (shoulder) — out
- Senior WR Collin Johnson (head) — cleared
- Sophomore LB Juwan Mitchell (elbow) — cleared
How to Watch:
TV: Longhorn Network
Time: 6 p.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Odds: Texas -21
Weather: High of 94 degrees and sunny