If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Longhorns and the community we’ve built here at Burnt Orange Nation. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of our community.
Burnt Orange Nation is looking for a deputy manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The deputy manager will be responsible for helping Burnt Orange Nation with coverage of the Longhorns. This is a part-time, remote contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for Texas and will already be familiar with Burnt Orange Nation’s voice and style.
- Have a solid understanding of and appreciation for Longhorns athletics.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting experience is preferred.
- Some daytime availability is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing experience, a cover letter telling us why you want to write about Texas for Burnt Orange Nation, and a sports-related writing sample. You must submit all three items via the Vox Media Careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Burnt Orange Nation and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Longhorns from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.