See below which former Texas Longhorns players impacted the outcome of their matchup throughout this past weekend’s slate of NFL games.
Notable Week 10 performances and highlights
- Earl Thomas recovered a fumble on a fourth-down play in Baltimore’s blowout win over Cincinnati. Since trading for cornerback Marcus Peters, the Ravens defense has yet to allow more than 20 points in each game with him.
- Cowboys left guard Connor Williams underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday, but Dallas is optimistic that he’ll avoid injured reserve. Here’s to a speedy recovery for Williams.
- Cardinals middle linebacker Jordan Hicks totaled nine tackles and picked off Jameis Winston for his second interception of the season in a 30-27 loss. Hicks currently ranks second in the league in total tackles with 98.
- Veteran safety Kenny Vaccaro totaled seven tackles in a 35-32 win over Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.
- In his debut with the Seahawks after being traded from Detroit to Seattle, Quandre Diggs filled in at free safety and made an instant impact back there. Diggs did what he’s been known for throughout his NFL career out there on Monday night — making plays on the ball and the opposing receivers.
Diggs jarred two attempted passes incomplete after delivering striking hits to rookie wide receiver Deebo Samuel and 240-pound fullback Kyle Jusczyk.
In the third quarter, Diggs took advantage of a gifted deflected pass off a receiver’s hands and turned it into a 35-yard interception return.
His preventive coverage in the back-end also helped Seattle create pressure up front. The Seahawks defense had five sacks on the night.
Pete Carroll on Diggs’ play at the safety position last night:
‘The play out of the safety position was the best we’ve seen all year... I’m anxious to see [Quandre] come back again, we’re just starting.”