Here’s a roundup on the former Texas Longhorns who made an impact throughout this past weekend’s slate of NFL games.
Notable Week 11 performances and highlights
- Jordan Hicks added to his career high in interceptions after picking off Jimmy Garoppolo for his third of the season. On top of his interception, Hicks recorded a sack and totaled 12 tackles in a 36-26 loss. He now ranks first in the NFL in total tackles with 110. This marks the first time in his injury-filled professional career where he’s surpassed 100 total tackles in a season.
- After recovering from a foot injury that ended his 2018 season, Marcus Johnson worked his way back up the Colts practice squad and made his 2019 season debut on Nov. 10. On Sunday, the wide receiver hauled in four receptions for 38 yards and a touchdown. As Colts top receiver T.Y. Hilton is still recovering from an injury on a short week, Johnson may be in for another significant role within the Colts offense against the Texans in a crucial divisional matchup on Thursday night.
Brissett buys time and hits Marcus Johnson for 6️⃣ pic.twitter.com/4KO0l7qD0B— uSTADIUM (@uSTADIUM) November 17, 2019
- Malcolm Brown surged his way in for a five-yard touchdown to increase Los Angeles’ 10-7 lead to 17-7 with three and a half minutes remaining. That 10-point lead was more than enough against Mitch Trubisky and the Bears offense. This marked Brown’s first rushing touchdown since week one when he scored twice against Carolina.
- Justin Tucker went 2-for-3 on field goals and 5-for-5 on extra points in Baltimore’s 41-7 blowout win over the Texans. The field goal miss was Tucker’s first of the season, as he’s now 19-for-20 on field goals and 36-for-37 on extra points.
Week 12 Games to Watch
- AFC South divisional matchup with first place on the line. (Thursday 7:20 p.m. CT FOX — Houston Texans; Edge Charles Omenihu vs. Indianapolis Colts; WR Marcus Johnson)
- Earl Thomas and Justin Tucker on Monday night football. (Monday 7:15 p.m. CT ESPN — Los Angeles Rams vs. Baltimore Ravens)