Entering Wednesday morning, the first day of the December signing period that is now known as Early Signing Day, the Texas Longhorns have the nation’s No. 10 recruiting class overall and second-best group in the Big 12, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, with 16 pledges.
With the early signing period now serving as the biggest day in college football recruiting on the Forty Acres and across the country, head coach Tom Herman and his staff are expected to sign the entirety of the 2020 recruiting class, although the overall number is six fewer anticipated signees than last year, mainly due to a rash of decommitments that started in October and continued following the recent coaching changes.
Unlike the last several years, there are not any uncommitted prospects still considering the Longhorns who are scheduled to make their decisions on Wednesday.
Only one prospect made a decision in favor of Texas in the hours before Early Signing Day, as the Horns landed Longview defensive tackle Sawyer Goram-Welch on Sunday. Not all the news in the last several days was positive, however, as Temple wide receiver Quentin Johnston flipped from the Longhorns to the Horned Frogs on Monday evening despite taking an official visit to Austin over the weekend.
This is your one-stop shop for all of the developments on what should be an unusally quiet Early Signing Day for Herman and his staff. The bolded prospects indicate the players who have signed, with a link to their signing piece.
The early enrollees
- Lake Travis QB Hudson Card — 7:18 a.m. Central
- Prosper OL Jake Majors — 8:22 a.m. Central
- San Antonio O’Connor OG Logan Parr — 7:09 a.m. Central
- Houston Cy Ridge DT Vernon Broughton — 7:38 a.m. Central
- Longview DT Sawyer Goram-Welch — 7:13 a.m. Central
- Pearland Shadow Creek S Xavion Alford — 7:12 a.m. Central
- Lufkin S Jerrin Thompson — 8:12 a.m. Central
The early signees
- Tuscon (Az.) Salpointe Catholic RB Bijan Robinson — 1:42 p.m. Central
- Hutto WR Dajon Harrison — 7:29 a.m. Central
- Fort Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire — 7:33 a.m. Central
- Port Neches-Groves OT Jaylen Garth — 7:09 a.m. Central
- Southlake Carroll OT Andrej Karic — 7:19 a.m. Central
- Highland Park OLB Prince Dorbah — 8:35 a.m. Central
- Tyler John Tyler CB Kitan Crawford — 7:06 a.m. Central
- Mansfield Timberview ATH Jaden Hullaby — 7:16 a.m. Central
- Duncanville ATH Ja’Quinden Jackson — 8:00 a.m. Central
There will also be plenty of coverage in other places. The @TexasFootball Twitter account with announce the new signees as the National Letters of Intent roll in. The Longhorn Network will have two hours of live coverage starting at 8 a.m. Central featuring Lowell Galindo, Emmanuel Acho, and Fozzy Whittaker. Herman will have his press conference at 3 p.m. Central, which will air on Longhorn Network and TexasSports.com. To finish the day, the Longhorn Network will air a 30-minute recap the big day at 6 p.m. Central.