Here’s a roundup of the former Texas Longhorns who made an impact in last weekend’s slate of NFL games.
Notable Week 13 performances and highlights
- In what was arguably the game of the week between the 10-1 San Francisco 49ers and 9-2 Baltimore Ravens, the back-and-forth contest came down to Justin Tucker’s right leg. As if there was any doubt in the league’s most accurate kicker, the rainy weather didn’t faze the former Longhorn as he drilled a 49-yard field goal to lift the Ravens to a 20-17 win, marking his 14th career game-winning field goal since entering the league undrafted in 2012.
In Tucker we trusss.#ProBowlVote @jtuck9— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) December 2, 2019
: https://t.co/shCcn1uM3Z pic.twitter.com/xfrXT6jKZY
- Two years ago, Quandre Diggs made the transition over to the safety position. Now, as the leader of Seattle’s defensive back-end, Diggs is in a position to thrive under head coach Pete Carroll. For the second time in a month, Diggs had a standout game on Monday Night Football, totaling four tackles and also delivering a crushing hit to an opposing receiver.
Notably, former Seahawks strong safety and Super Bowl champion Kam Chancellor took notice of the hit.
Quandre Diggs makes big hit on Irv Smith Jr. in MNF https://t.co/MolYe3hXsf— Kameron Chancellor (@KamChancellor) December 3, 2019
- Adrian Phillips of the Los Angeles Chargers returned this week from an arm injury that he suffered back on Sep. 15. He totaled four tackles against the Broncos.
- Rookie defensive lineman Charles Omenihu accounted for three tackles, including one for a loss, in the Texans 28-22 win over the Patriots on Sunday night. The Texans have used Omenihu as an interior defensive lineman this season.
- Ravens safety Earl Thomas was in on a sack and had four total tackles against the 49ers.
Week 14 Games to Watch
- 10-2 Baltimore Ravens at 9-3 Buffalo Bills — Sun. 12:00 p.m. CT CBS
- Diggs and the Seahawks on primetime once again against the Rams in Los Angeles — Sun. 7:20 CT NBC